We picked up a few field guides at the bookstore on a whim last week to keep handy for our trips to the beach, on hikes and other outings this summer. I'm a sucker for a good nature book (especially the ones that are both visually stunning to flip through and chock full of information), so I thought I'd share a dozen favorites finds with you.
1. A Visual Compendium of Wonders from Nature by AJ Wood & Mike Jolley
2. This Phenomenal Life: The Amazing Ways We Are Connected with our Universe by Misha Blaise
3. How to Raise a Wild Child: The Art and Science of Falling in Love with Nature by Scott D Sampson
4. The Little Hands Nature Book by Nancy Fusco Castaldo
5. Nature Journal by Alice M Cantrell
6. The Curious Nature Guide: Explore the Natural Wonders All Around You by Clare Walker Leslie
7. Play the Forest School Way: Woodland Games, Crafts and Skills for Adventurous Kids by Peter Houghton and Jane Worroll
8. Vitamin N: The Essential Guide to a Nature-Rich Life by Richard Louv
9. A Field Guide to Nature of the Midwest by Kenn Kaufman, Jeff Sayre and Kimberly Kaufman
10. The Nature Connection: An Outdoor Workbook for Kids, Families and Classrooms by Clare Walker Leslie
11. Fun with Nature: Take-Along Guide by Mel Boring
12. Small Adventures Journal: A Little Field Guide for Big Discoveries in Nature by Keiko Brodeur
Let us know if we've missed your favorite, or if you have any tricks to make a nature-rich life part of your daily routine.
Originally posted 6.1.19.