Every year, we celebrate Earth Day. But do we carry that forward throughout the year? It's an important, interesting conversation to have as a family. Call a family meeting, talk through some options and formulate a plan for the year. Every little bit helps.
We've come up with a few ideas to get you started.
- Plant native flowers and plants in the garden.
- Make a plan to reduce plastic usage.
- Get outdoors more often.
- Clean up your neighborhood, beach, park or school.
- Make a bee shelter or bee waterer in your backyard.
- Stop buying bottled water.
- Write letters to your congresspeople about protecting the planet.
- Do not participate in balloon releases.
- Cut down on consumption of clothes, toys and household items.
- Check out earth-friendly books from the library.
- Use your local, state and national parks.
- Grow your own veggies.
- Walk or ride your bikes around town.
- Start a composting pile for your kitchen scraps.
- Shop at your local farmers market.
- Reuse gift bags.
- Bring a plastic bag when you go to the beach.
If you have any other ideas to add, let us know right in the comments. Thanks!