It surely feels like spring, but we might be in for another chilly blast before winter concedes. To get you through the lows that might hit hard over the next few weeks, we've got half a dozen (plus one) reminders that warm weather vibes soon will be here to stay.
Image courtesy of Tulip Time
1. Butterflies bloom at the Meijer Gardens | March 1-April 30
Catch the largest temporary tropical butterfly exhibition in the country, as more than 7,000 species fly freely throughout the Grand rapids conservatory.
2. Sherman Dairy Bar opens for the season | March 3
Mark your calendars and get your ice cream fix at the South Haven staple. Blue Moon, anyone?
3. KNC hosts its Maple Sugar Festival | March 11-12
Now in its 57th year, the celebration highlights the delicious liquid syrup with tours, demonstrations and plenty of sticky sweet concoctions.
4. The Coastline Children's Film Festival hits theaters | March 10-19
Top-notch independent films and animation for kids and young adults arrive on the big screen in Southwest Michigan for the seventh straight year.
5. The Egg Stravaganza takes over South Bend | April 8
Cross the border for a day of Easter fun. Activities include a scavenger hunt, petting zoo,
crafts, competitions, cookie decorating, horse-drawn wagon rides and more.
6. Critter Barn hosts the Running of the lambs | May
All the the lambs born in early spring follow their mothers to pasture on a special, insanely adorable first-time run.
7. Tulip Time takes over Holland | May 6-14
Holland celebrates its Dutch heritage with a breathtaking display of than 4 million tulips, a parade, carnival, dances, arts and crafts, and so much more.