What's On This Weekend: August 12-14
The summer may be winding down, but there's no shortage of phenomenal events for the whole family this weekend in Southwest Michigan.
Friday - Head to the National Blueberry Festival in South Haven for Kids' Day, with fun activities, entertainment and the ever-popular pie eating contest
- Get your tickets to see a kid-pleasing performance of Shrek: The Musical in Saugatuck
- Let the littles stretch and relax during an hour of Toddler Yoga in Fennville
- Watch as skilled puppeteers bring fairytales to life in downtown Saugatuck - Give the kids a taste of country life at the Meijer Gardens' Fridays at the Farm
- Indulge the littles in artistic play at ArtQuest while you enjoy a leisurely lunch in South Haven
- Enjoy a night of family fun at the YMCA in St. Joe, with science experiments and an in-pool viewing of "Up"
- End a quiet summer evening with live music in Holland's Kollen Park
- Take your little swashbucklers up to Grand Haven for the Michigan Pirate Festival
- Grab a cozy blanket, pack some snacks and watch "Frozen" under the stars in Niles
- Watch the adorable race unfold at the Diaper Derby in South Haven (sign your baby up to compete beforehand!)
- Take your furry friend to Dogarama in Zeeland, with contests and four-legged fun aplenty
- Catch a double header of vintage baseball at South Haven's Kids' Corner
- Let the kids learn about the world and make a craft to take home at the Curious Kids' Museum's Super Saturday in St. Joseph
- Ride the carousel at dusk and "Raiders of the Lost Ark" on the open-air big screen in St. Joseph
- Fly in an iconic biplane, B-25D or tethered hot air balloon after enjoying a pancake breakfast at the South Haven Regional Airport Fly-In
- Take a leisurely horse-drawn trolley ride along the quaint streets of downtown St. Joseph
Check the Southwest Michigan Kids calendar for the full details.